What a great month!! November has been FULL of fun and surprises.
A new cicada enclosure for Steve to fill with nymphs at night. Then for the kids to watch hatch and dry their wings in the morning.
I had a panic attach when I was ten, (fresh off the plane from England and thought, like everything else here, it was poisonous or going to inflict pain!) and still to this day I'll totally freak if they touch me... I can watch but that's it!
Lucas had his end of year show. His classed danced perfectly.
Lucas took the initiative to make breakfast. American pancakes -all on his own. I was only allowed to read the recipe. I didn't do ANYTHING! So proud of him. x
Riley with Steve's first ever zucchini. I picked the plant - yellow - such a lovely colour!! Steve's been pottering about the garden quite a bit. Everyday the garden grows by another pot or three, more herbs, veggies, passionfruit vine... the list goes on. I think it's cute that he'll stand hunched over pondering who nibbled his veggie leaf.. It's come full cirlcle Trev! I never thought I'd see it, but POP! One day he just woke up and started :) Now he's a fully fledged green thumb.
Riley is showing his pet (dead) 'yellow monday' cicada who is sitting on top of the zucc.
Quick trip to the beach - surprised Lucas with a day off school - thrilled!!





