Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy birthday

It was my birthday this week and Meili and Sam came over the night before to cook me dinner - how nice! Complete with birthday cupcakes. xx

After bathtime as the boys were (supposed to be) choosing a book to read, I quickly dashed on the computer (always a mistake!) to check out some last minute accommodation for a short break.
The boys sneaked into the kitchen and also decided to whip up Mum a birthday treat (with Riley's new cooking set) and made an almighty mess.


Lucas was so proud of himself and excited to give me a "special birthday drink with egg and flour" that he didn't even ask me to drink it - PHEW! I remember making a bad concoction for my Dad when I was his age and I sat there demanding he drink it! haha


Such smart boys and they love achieving things together.
 

 These are the books that Steve and the boys gave me for my birthday, the third is yet to come but I can't wait to get my nose into them! Especially the one about Henrietta Lacks. An African American lady with Cancer in the 50's. Every cancer treatment in the world begins with her cells. They took them without telling her, made millions as she died poor, and the ENTIRE world benefit from the research and magnificent scientific breakthroughs that were made. All because her cells didn't die.

They'll have to wait, I have a talk to write for Sunday!