Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hooley Dooley!

Well this week has been a sicky but exciting week. Lucas has been up every night (teething the bottom molars now) and has had a cold on top of that.
He's been very cuddly (more than usual) and has enjoyed making a few discoveries.

Graffiti is not tolerated. It's a good job he thinks cleaning is so much fun, it took me a good 10mins of scrubbing to get off (and now we have a clean patch on the wall). He seems to have learned not to draw on the walls, no repeat offenses so far.



Okay, okay! We can't put off buying blocks any longer (he chewed the paint of the first set so we took them back!), he's obviously crying for something to build with and the tins are a tad painful on the way down. Not to mention my food storage cupboard is all out of whack.


Here is THE BEST* lemon meringue pie EVER. Well done me :o)
I've been obsessed with lemons so far in this pregnancy. Drinking water makes me feel sick unless I have lemon juice in it. So it's handy having a lemon tree.
*Best according to preggy taste buds and Dad's opinion (sorry mum! I'm sure he just meant best one I've ever made, not the best ever in the world :o) I'm not sure I can take any credit since it's your recipe anyway! haha!




Band aids for "ouchies". Here's a pretend nose ouchy which he thought was quite funny, but he kept pressing it and wasn't all that fun to take off. Mental note: clean the kid's face before photos!


Shin-annigans. Grandad and Lucas having a great time with the classics, Lawnmower and Superman.

Lucas loves playing in his cot when he wakes up. He likes me to pretend I'm knocking at the door to see if he's in, then peep through the bars and act all suprised to see him, then teddy, then patch, then bunny etc. Today I even had to change his nappy in the cot as he seemed too keen on the "pretending I'm asleep" game.