Yes, today is our 9th Wedding Anniversary!
I was reading Bron's blog the other day with this poem included on one of the entries:
By Anne Campbell
You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
("To my child,"quoted in Charles L.Wallis, ed.,The Treasure Chest (1965),54.
I'm really glad we spent time at the beginning of our marriage to have fun, travel and soak in that piece of foreign sky. I do hope to return there one day, but the realism of that is far off.
So for now, we'll enjoy remembering the last 9 excellent years:
Danish mustard on our hotdogs (and Klejne for Christmas), Spanish olives at our table, French (style) bread and cheese, Leeks for Wales, Scotch pies, Blue Bells and roasted chestnuts for England and German Zimtsterne (and all other Christmas goodies).
Not to forget the dozens of surf trips with frozen bodies and sand dipped steaks ;o) To this day we still use pringles for firelighters.
I'm really glad we spent time at the beginning of our marriage to have fun, travel and soak in that piece of foreign sky. I do hope to return there one day, but the realism of that is far off.
So for now, we'll enjoy remembering the last 9 excellent years:
Danish mustard on our hotdogs (and Klejne for Christmas), Spanish olives at our table, French (style) bread and cheese, Leeks for Wales, Scotch pies, Blue Bells and roasted chestnuts for England and German Zimtsterne (and all other Christmas goodies).
Not to forget the dozens of surf trips with frozen bodies and sand dipped steaks ;o) To this day we still use pringles for firelighters.
I've just realised how recent digital pics are! Sorry, got nothing else!




