Tuesday, December 22, 2015

November end 2015

We took the kids out of school for a week towards the end of term (not like they do much anyway leading up to Christmas) and headed up north to Coffs Harbour.
We stayed a couple of nights in Dorrigo (pic below).

The Bavarian restaurant at the big windmill was FAB!


The butterfly house is always a favourite, though really over priced there is so much potential there! 



Lucas was the most still I've ever seen him in his life! He was determined to have a butterfly land on him :)


On the way down to Port Macquarie we stopped at Ricardo's strawberries. So delish but really, no cheaper than the shops. I suppose it's fresh and being able to pick and nibble that's better :)


The kids were apalled that I was dishonest enough to eat a strawberry before paying. I can live with that.

Timbertown at Wauchope was great fun! Sort of a weak version of Old Sydney Town but with a steam train.




The Koala hospital was a must visit and a good lesson for why dogs need to stay on a lead, why bush fires are dangerous for more than just humans and why tender loving care is sometimes the best medicine.