Tuesday, June 15, 2010

When they're asleep

 I don't know what it is (I thought it was the 3 weeks of rain and being stuck indoors) but my boys just go insane and shred the house! Today for example, after hearing Steve leave for work and Lucas up playing with trains (Riley was with me as he'd woken up at 5), I heard a faint yell and darted out of bed to find Lucas out the front in his jimmy jams calling to Daddy (who wasn't) in the car that he'd done a smelly poo - echoing down the street. 
Then after sneaking 2 bananas and an orange, having breakfast, crackers and a milo bar (where the heck did that come from?!) he says he's hungry.. Then after play group he refuses to go to bed, throws lemons (that we picked yesterday) all over the garden, mostly at the house to try and hit the birds and then after a big lunch tells me he's hungry.

Riley has a bad cold and the poor thing just wants to be cuddled 24/7 and yells and screams if I have to put him down for 1min to cut up something for dinner. 

Then later he pretends to be a naughty cat, bites Riley on the finger so hard the mark was purple! I gave him a drink later,asked him to try and not spill it.. I see liquid all over the floor and no it's not drink, it's wee - grrrr!!! THEN he tries to clutch the curtains in his room and slide down like a pole "DON'T DO THAT!" I warn... ok shout. Two minutes later.. crash.
Way past the eye twitch, past the aching jaw from gritted teeth. Riley thankfully dropped to sleep before I could even get him to the cott and Lucas....well, I couldn't help cuddle him up and stroke his hair while I sang him to sleep. What a sweet lovable boy. Yes he's asleep as I'm saying that. We agreed we'd try harder tomorrow. xx