Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter Crying Parade


There was I, the only Mum that hadn't pre-made their kid an Easter Bonet for the parade. I had no idea there was going to be a parade until that morning when I dropped him off. I was in two minds as to whether I should come as I knew Lucas would cry and want to come home with me.

So I skipped the last pilates class of the term and went to Lucas' pre-school Easter Parade.

I'm so glad I did go, I would have been the only mum not there (apart from one other kid). He was desperately scanning the crowd of parents to see if I was there - aaahh!

This is before he noticed me.


























The first pic after he saw me...




























and the second...
























not happy about being made to walk in the parade so I could get a pic.
 Riley having a great time finding "me" sized play equipment (he had a blast).


Yes, I did leave him there. He caught me leaving and was in torrents of tears. So ofcourse I had "mother guilt" and went to pick him up earlier than usual. Ofcourse he was perfectly fine without me.

I stayed with them for afternoon tea (after I'd watched him for a while - hiding behind a doll's house) and found he has lots of friends, he's nice and polite to everyone and he is sweet and delightful. Also more confident than I thought he was. :oD