Monday, October 20, 2008

No burnt offerings today!

When I'm pregnant I have this awful tendency to burn everything I try and cook. Last time I had to throw out 4 pots after over cooking rice and scalding them so badly they weren't salvageable. That's when we finally got a rice cooker :o)

So far this week I haven't burnt anything and all recipes have gone to plan (seeing as it's only Monday that's not a great feat).


Here's Steve's favourite on road handy food: Scotch Eggs - they look gross I know, but I love them with lashings of Salad Cream. It's one of those foods that you have to have grown up with to appreciate I think :o)


When Steve and I met up in Australia after living in England (in late '97) we popped into a cafe for a bite. I was mortified when Steve pointed to caramel slice and said, "I'll have some 'Stuff' please".
Here I made "stuff" for Steve and to say thanks to the neighbour's kids for being so great and playing with Lucas lots when Steve's on night shifts and trying to sleep or leave unnoticed.

A little wheat 'Whoopsie Bear' for Lucas' bumps and injuries. It's filled with wheat so I can stick it in the freezer to use as an ice pack, or heat for a minute in the microwave as a heat pack.